Thursday, January 20, 2011

An approach to the Impossible

Sorry about posting twice today but it was way too early this morning to think straight.
In fact, my sleep has been as horrible as the worst times of restricting.
A fellow blogger declared that she started fasting today.
And not just for a day. For 7 days. I'm in awe.
I want to do that too!

I know what you're all thinking.
"Setting herself up for failure,"  "Harming the body more than she said she would,"
"That's impossible, she can't get out of a binge and now she's trying THIS."

- THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS! 

Today, I am taking on the world.
Why will I put myself through such recklessness?
All my life I've been nervous and afraid of failing.
I refuse to do so many things because I'm afraid of failing.
I refuse to talk in class because my English gets bad. I refuse to step out of line because people might make fun of me. I refuse to break the law in ANY way (OK I do sometimes) because I don't want people to get angry. I do everything according to what OTHER people and SOCIETY prescribe is correct.

And so, for the first time ( other than not wanting to move to a different country in the first place),
I - Neri, will actually START something voluntarily, that I might - and possibly will - fail.
Seems ridiculous ? I am scared again, did I just make a huge fool out of myself?
You may think of all the times I've said I will start restricting again, but this is different because it's a short term goal and it's taken to such an extreme that it's not even comparable.

Starting Friday! Hopefully going to next Friday.

I will inform BF tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your fast as well...You can do it!

    I'm only drinking 2 or 3 glasses of orange juice or grape juice a day, and I'm trying to only drink water, although I'll allow myself a diet pop every now and then.

    Stay strong xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your fast! That is a huge undertaking. I personally know I never could make it!! But I wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope you can do it just because you want it. i don't prescribe to fasting simply because i just couldn't do it, my brain gets way too fuzzy...i'm all about restricting.

    stay strong and do what you can!

    ReplyDelete